Dual-SIM phones have been around for a while now but, to protect revenue, most networks around the globe do not sell them, instead favouring the conventional Single SIM models. With advances in Dual-SIM technology and with amazing SIM-only deals buying a dual SIM phone has become much more compelling.
Here are nine of the benefits of buying a Dual-SIM Phone:
1) One phone to rule them all. If you have more than one SIM card, you no longer need to worry about carrying two phones at once. There is also no need to fuss about switching SIM cards, often at the risk of misplacing the SIM that is not in use.
2) Dual-SIM phones are SIM Free. This means they are not locked to a specific network and you can sign up to any provider you like. You are free to use a Travel SIM when you travel internationally and still keep your local number active in case of business or emergency. All this without having to worry about swapping SIM cards, unlocking your phone or even having to buy a new one.
3) Separate work and play. Have a SIM card for business and another SIM for personal use. Dual-SIM phones are intelligent and allow you to select which number you want to phone or text from and will even let you know which number an incoming call or text is coming to. You will always know if it’s a business or personal before making that call or receiving that text.
4) Stress-free expense claims. If you are required to submit a company expense claim for your work calls, you can now split them over two SIM cards. No more slaving over phone bills with a highlighter and a calculator to work out what’s what.
5) Get the best out of two different deals. If you’ve found a plan that offers a good deal for calls and texts but another that offers better value for data, you can sign up for both plans and make the most out of each of them. Dual-SIM phones now even let you select which SIM you want to be set as default for each service, making it hassle-free.
6) Better network coverage. Networks can provide 100% network coverage everywhere. Often, where one network has limited signal, another may have excellent coverage. Being with two different networks increases your likelihood of coverage – especially if you live in or travel through rural areas. Some dual-SIM phones even support Dual-SIM 4G offering you faster data speeds by processing data from both SIM cards at the same time.
7) Never miss a call. A dual-SIM phone lets you talk on one line and still receive calls from the other. You can pause and switch between calls instead of having the second call go straight to voicemail.
8) Save with a Travel SIM. With a dual SIM phone, you can take advantage of cheaper rates overseas by having a local travel SIM. Be done with huge international roaming bills for good.
9) App-Twin. This is our my favourite innovation in Dual SIM technology. Newer Dual SIM phones support App-Twin, allowing you to load two versions of the same app. – one for each number. If you need a WhatsApp account for each number or need to run multiple social media accounts (eg: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for work and personal, you can have two of each application running on your phone at the same time. No more posting personal pictures on your company profile.
Cellucity is the leading stockist of Dual-SIM phones in South Africa. Browse our complete range here: https://the-hub.cellucity.co.za/phones/dual-sim-phones/